This module allows participants to apply the principles of protection in humanitarian action with their responsibilities in the Camp Management sector. It aims to complement the roles of mandated protection agencies and State duty bearers with concrete preventative actions at the community level.
It builds essential learning in definitions related to protection and exposes participants to practical operational tools.
It is thematically linked to:
- Module 2: Roles & responsibilities
- Module 3: Humanitarian principles
- Module 4: Gender-based violence
- Introduction to protection in camp management (30 mins)
- Legal framework and mandated agencies (60 mins)
- Mixed caseloads (30 mins) (optional)
- Protection actions and referral systems (60 mins)
- Safety audits (45 mins)