Insecurity stemming from crises in neighbouring countries impacts populations in Niger. In Diffa region, where a state of emergency has been in place since 2015, Boko Haram continues to carry out sporadic attacks on civilians and against the authorities, whilst around 168,000 Nigerian refugees have crossed the border seeking safety in Niger.?Cross-border violence and intercommunal tensions also affect Tillaberi and Tahoua regions, leading to significant population displacement. ?Since September 2018, the Burkina Faso border area has seen increasing attacks by jihadist armed groups against the local population and authorities, leading to States of Emergency declared in several departments. ?
INFORM measures Niger's risk of humanitarian crisis and disaster to be high, at 6.7/10. Lack of coping capacity and vulnerability are of particular concern at 7.6/10 and 6.8/10 respectively.?
28/05/2021: Following planned returns started on 21 May, all 12,112 people displaced from Anzourou commune to Tillaberi because of armed attacks have returned to their villages of origin. They face WASH, education, and healthcare needs due to the destruction of basic infrastructure. ?
ACAPS' team is daily monitoring the impact of COVID-19. Find more information related to the outbreak here.
Crisis Severity: 3.7
Humanitarian Conditions: 3.7
Access Constraints: 3
Information courtesy of ACAPS. https://www.acaps.org/
|Niger: Mécanisme de référencement du département de Torodi||17 Jun 2021|
|Niger: Mécanisme de référencement du département de Tillia||17 Jun 2021|
|Niger: Mécanisme de référencement du département de Téra||17 Jun 2021|
|Niger: Mécanisme de référencement du département de Tillabéri||17 Jun 2021|
|Niger: Mécanisme de référencement du département de Tassara||17 Jun 2021|
8 Common Operating Datasets or CCCM-tagged datsets are on the Humanitarian Data Exchange:
- Niger - Internally displaced persons - IDPs - IDMC - [2008-01-01T00:00:00 TO 2020-12-31T23:59:59]
- Niger - Subnational Administrative Boundaries - IGNN (as of 2006) and OCHA/ROWCA ( 2014/ 2015) - [2006-01-01T00:00:00 TO 2006-01-01T23:59:59]
- Sahel - Subnational Administrative Boundaries - Refer to individual COD-AB datasets (linked below) - [2020-09-11T00:00:00 TO 2020-09-11T23:59:59]
- Niger - Elevation Model - SRTM - [2012-03-21T00:00:00 TO 2012-03-21T23:59:59]
- Niger - Roads - Agrymet regional center - [2007-01-01T00:00:00 TO 2007-01-01T23:59:59]
- Niger - Settlements - Institut National de la Statistique - [2016-03-01T00:00:00 TO 2016-03-01T23:59:59]
- Niger - Subnational Population Statistics - National Institute of Statistics - [2018-04-26T00:00:00 TO *]
- Lake Chad Basin Crisis Displaced Persons - IOM, UNHCR, UNOCHA - [2016-03-23T00:00:00 TO 2016-03-23T23:59:59]