About 8.4 million people in Ethiopia need humanitarian assistance, due to internal conflict, international displacement, and recurrent natural hazards. As a secondary effect of the intercommunal violence in 2019, it is estimated that there is an IDP population of 2 million people primarily located in the Amhara, SNNP and Benishangul Gumuz woreda’s. Ethiopia also hosts more than 760,000 refugees from South Sudan, Sudan, Somalia, and Eritrea. Most of them live in camp settings.?
Recurrent natural hazards, drought, and flooding result in humanitarian needs. Several consecutive years of drought in southern and southeastern Ethiopia have led to worsening food security and disrupted the livelihoods of hundreds of thousands of farmers and herders. Nationally, 8.5 million people require emergency food assistance in June 2020. The states with IPC 3 or higher are Afar, Oromiya, Somali and Tigray.?
INFORM measures Ethiopia's risk of humanitarian crisis and disaster as high at 6.9/10. Meanwhile, the lack of coping capacity stands at 6.8/10 and vulnerability at 6.6/10.?
No recent significant humanitarian developments. The crisis is being monitored by our analysis team.
Crisis Severity: 4.6
Humanitarian Conditions: 5
Access Constraints: 4
Information courtesy of ACAPS. https://www.acaps.org/
|Site Master List - Ethiopia||29 Jul 2021|
|IDP Sites - Mekelle, Adigrat, Freweyni, Abi Adi, Shire, Axum, Adwa, Sheraro||22 Jul 2021|
|CCCM Sub-National Cluster meeting - Tigray||14 Jul 2021|
|CCCM Cluster Dashboard - Ethiopia June 2021||08 Jul 2021|
|CCCM Cluster 4W Reporting Template - Ethiopia||08 Jul 2021|
|CCCM Cluster Ethiopia - Terms of Reference||10 May 2021|
|Site Profile - Kebero Meda||12 Apr 2021|
|Site Profile - Dabat||12 Apr 2021|
|SMS Coordination Group – Gedeo and West Gudji - Terms of Reference||01 Jan 2018|
15 Common Operating Datasets or CCCM-tagged datsets are on the Humanitarian Data Exchange:
- Ethiopia - Cities, towns and villages - Multiple Source (Humanitarian Partners) - 2016-03-02
- Ethiopia: Humanitarian Needs Overview - Multiple Source (Humanitarian Partners) - 2018-01-01
- Ethiopia - Internally displaced persons - IDPs - IDMC - 2008-01-01
- Ethiopia - Subnational Population Statistics - Central Statistics Agency (CSA) - 2020-10-28
- Ethiopia Displacement -IDPs - Site Assessment [IOM DTM] - International Organization for Migration (IOM) - 2020-12-01
- Eastern and Southern Africa Humanitarian Situation and Response - UNICEF ESARO - 2020-01-01
- Ethiopia - Subnational Administrative Divisions - CSA (Central Statistics Agency) + Regional Bureau of Finance and Economic Development (BoFED) - 2020-10-13
- Eastern and Southern Africa Risk Analysis - UNICEF ESARO - 2020-10-31
- Eastern and Southern Africa Refugees and IDPs Situation and Response - UNICEF ESARO - 2019-12-31
- UNICEF Refugees Situation and Response database - UNICEF ESARO - 2018-07-31